180 Associate Recruitment Consultant (Fresh Grads)
The Recruitment Consultant role is a cornerstone in our organization. We expect our recruiters to take ownership of their business goals, forge excellent partnerships with candidates all over the world, and deliver high-quality candidate recruitment experiences through understanding clients' needs.
All Recruitment Roles
This role is part of a larger family of roles in recruitment. We encourage you to apply to the one that most closely matches your interests:
|Job Title||Function and Experience|
|Associate Recruitment Consultant||Fresh graduates looking to begin their career as a headhunter.|
|Recruitment Consultant||Junior 180 (candidate side-only) headhunters with 1-2 years experience.|
|Senior / Principal Consultant||Senior 360 headhunter with HKD1m+ billings, specializing as an individual contributor.|
|Managing Consultant / Recruitment Lead||Senior 360 headhunter w/ HKD1m+ billings, looking to manage a team.|
|Recruitment Director||An experienced recruitment leader.|
|BD Consultant||1+ years of experience as a headhunter, wanting to specialize in BD.|
|Head of Talent / Lead Talent Acquisition||Senior headhunter looking to move in house in a strategic, innovative TA role (see job description for more)|
- Understand clients' needs and deliver according to our service level agreements. For instance, make required numbers of candidate calls on a regular basis.
- Build multinational applicant sources by researching and contacting multiple channels, providing organization information and opportunities, and maintaining rapport.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, reviewing asessment results, analyzing responses and verifying references.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitor job offers and compensation practices; and emphasize benefits and perks.
- Accomplish organization initiatives as needed.
Compared to other recruitment firms, the draw for this role are the following:
- An international and vibrant job position to accelerate your career
- Contact candidates in various regions rather than being restricted to one country.
- See how technology is made and work right next to engineers to help you technically assess candidates.
- Edit and contribute to best practices.
- Competitive compensation scheme
- Possibility to work on roles in SG/HK/SF that pay 2-4x as much as TW roles and thus earn more commission and bonus payment.
- Well-structured training and career progression
- Get trained daily on technical understanding from our engineers and mentoring from senior recruiters.
- LOTS of learning resources in our knowledge management database.
- Be promoted to next level once you master the required recruiting skills and earn badges.
- Flexible and autonomous working environment
- Freedom to work on any part of the firm you find interesting as long as you hit your KPIs. For most recruiters, we suggest your discretionary time be focused on qualifying for your next promotion.
Must-Know before applying
- There are KPIs: after ramping up, must hit 20 submissions per month.
- For juniors, candidate-focused recruiting first
Compensation / Expected Billings
One of the benefits of working at T1 is that you will be doing placements to higher-fee jurisdictions like HK / SG / US. Thus, we measure your target billings leveled to HK.
The following chart is all in HKD and is our expectations for consultants hired in HK. To calculate the expected number of placements, divide by ~HK$100,000 as that is currently our rough average fee size. These expectations will also apply to you if you are capable to work our regional mandates.
|Title||Rough Expectations||YoE||HKD Billings|
|Associate Recruiter||Candidate sourcing and mgmt; seniors audit work and send in||0-3||420-770k|
|Rec. Consultant||Beginning 360 role; still requires frequent oversight||1-5||680k-1.25m|
|Senior Recruiter||Consistently hits targets; light oversight, mentors others||2-7||1.2-2.4m|
|Principal Recruiter||Top biller, exercises all skills well, no management required||3-9||2.3-4.6m|
|Senior Principal||Rare market expert with deep cxns allowing substantial billings||7+||4.4-8.8m+|
Must have the following three qualifications:
- High-achieving and responsible: This role will be very KPI driven and we would look for steady and responsible individuals who have a ‘can-do’ attitude over people who want to do re-invent the wheel every day.
- Candidate-focused: Has a genuine passion for building relationships. Passionate about the candidate experience. Doesn't mind if not doing account management. Willing to grow career in our specified way.
- Adaptive to change: Able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with great deal of autonomy within a growing business
For information about our company culture / strategy, interview process, and application instructions, please see Our Career Site.