Director / Head of Recruitment
We’re looking for a Head of Recruitment who is excited about technology with previous managing director level experience and a huge battery of intelligence and gets-things-done to bring to bear.
This is an executive-level position and you will be working as part of our management team reporting directly to the CEO, and will have extensive exposure to our investors.
We build our own technology in-house and our goal is to build tools that recruiters love to use. You should be excited about technology in the recruitment space, envision the future, and help enable this vision by collaborating directly with our engineers.
In addition to day-to-day management and operations, you’ll have to grapple with various extraordinary and complex issues like designing commission structure, introducing new products to our clients, designing our sales pitch, and summarizing overall performance to our investors. At a high level, you’ll be in charge of the long-term improvement of our recruitment platform and how to improve recruiter effectiveness, retention, and attraction. This will require a high degree of intelligence and getting-things-done.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team of 12 recruiters and engineers. Even though we started less than 2 years ago, we’re expanding quickly, onboarding 1-2 new recruiters each quarter, are profitable most quarters, and are making rapid progress on our technology.
If you’re looking to be the most important person in your next company, please create a profile and contact us as soon as possible!
- Own the following KPIs: % recruiter hitting threshold, recruiter morale & % retention rate
- Manage our recruiter hiring process including attracting excellent recruiters, telling them our story, and ensuring a smooth and impressive interviewing process
- Attend client sales meetings and work to ensure our company pitch and pitch materials are honed and consistent.
- Be willing to roll your sleeves up and help out in any area, even outside your area of expertise. For example, if we need someone to handle chasing invoices, you’re willing to raise your hand.
Skills & Experience Required
- Has managed a growing a firm of 10-50 headcount with P&L responsibilities
- Proven experience in attracting, hiring, and retaining excellent talent
- Team leader with proven experience managing and training teams of recruiters
- Experience with sales operations, including setting commission schemes, recording and allocating revenue generated, and proactively avoiding and settling disputes
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required; prefer to work in a tech startup / international working environment
- Frustrated by current state of tools for external recruiters. Keen interest in technology, constant source of smart (and practical) ideas on tools that can help you place faster and at higher quality.